Musinfo Association was founded in 2003 following the creation of the research group Musinfo (the first group created in the AFIM) with a vocation for reflection, publication and teaching on the theme of formalization of music (calculation of music).
This theme specifically applies to the use of scientific tools in the fields:
- assistance to composition
- artificial Intelligence
- algorithms in the field of composition
- sound synthesis
- analysis and processing of sounds
- musicological analysis.
In addition to these areas research interests and activities of Musinfo are:
- development of computer music in France;
- research and study of sound and music from the point of view of art, science and technology;
- research on gestural or automatic sound production and its organization;
- development, teaching and promotion of computer music;
- developing links and relationships with other sciences and disciplines in France and abroad;
- the creation and promotion of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary, artistic, scientific and technological sound and music projects locally, nationally and internationally.