Bourges – April / May 2017
One of the most profound mysteries of this world is its creation, its birth, its life... As Anaxagoras said, "Nothing of the things that exist ever dies; rather each thing, as it is separated from another, takes on a different shape." Thus the composer creates a new universe of sounds, forms, harmonies from what he knows, what he has learned...
As part of the Art & Science Days, Musinfo proposes to composers and artists from around the world to participate in a call for a sound or multimedia work.
We dedicate this 2017 edition of the call for works to sound and visual / scientific and imaginary creation.
The subject of this call is the relationship between science and arts in general and the link between creation and sound in particular. The works must either take their inspiration from scientific knowledge, or apply this knowledge in their compositional process.
Two categories of works will be accepted:
1) sound works - stereo or multitrack
2) multimedia works - audiovisual
Diffusion of the works:
A "concert selection" will be presented on June 19th during the multimedia concert and an "installations selection" will be presented during listening sessions in a sound installation called Magic Boxes, all during the Art & Science Days 2017 in Bourges (June 19-23).
Participation requirements :
• This project is open to any composer, performer and sound artist.
• Any work that does not deal with the theme will not be selected.
• The duration of the work must be between 3 and 5 minutes maximum.
• The work must be free of any rights of reproduction and distribution under the obvious subject to copyright.
• The sound work (non compressed aiff format) in stereo or 5.1 multitrack format (with its stereo version), or the multimedia work (5.1 audio with stero version; mov or avi format) should be sent via this specific form:
• The work will be kept in the Sound Archives of Musinfo.
Participation in this project is approval of these terms and conditions.
• Deadline for sending the work is May 21st, 2017 at midnight
The following works were selected and will be played during a live & multimedia concert on June 19th 2017:
|Carro Joshua||[sonic portraits of time]|
|et al||Sierra Norte|
|Forcucci Luca||Music for brainwaves|
|Leverrier Valentin||Le comsocalisme|
|Lewin-Richter Andres||Homage a Fibonacci|
|Lock Christopher||Moel Y Gaer, Bodfari|
|Otondo Felipe||Night Study 2 (excerpt)|
|Pasquale D'Amico||My child is dreaming|
|Polato Matteo||"Et vous, que cherchez-vous?"|
|Senko Alexander||Up and Away|
|Whiteside Matthew & Zanotti Marisa||Wave Function - Sketch One|