Saint-Etienne – May 2020
"Appearances are a glimpse of the unseen" - Anaxagoras
As part of the Art & Science Days, Musinfo proposes to composers and artists from around the world to participate in a call for a sound or multimedia work.
We dedicate this 2020 edition of the call for works to mirages in their different dimensions.
The theme of this call is Mirages as represented in science and the arts in general, and in music in particular. The works must either take their inspiration from scientific knowledge, or apply this knowledge in their compositional process.
Two categories of works will be accepted:
1) sound works - stereo or multitrack
2) multimedia works - audiovisual
Diffusion of the works:
The selected works will be diffused in an installation during the Art & Science Days in Saint-Etienne.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, the 2020 edition of the Art & Science Days will not take place. The selected works will be diffused during the 2021 edition instead.
• This project is open to any composer, performer and sound artist.
• Any work that does not deal with the theme will not be selected.
• The duration of the work must be between 3 and 5 minutes maximum.
• The work must be free of any rights of reproduction and distribution under the obvious subject to copyright.
• The sound work (non compressed aiff format) in stereo or multichannel format (with its stereo version obligtory), or the multimedia work (multichannel audio with stero version; mov or avi format) should be sent via this specific form: http://www.musinfo.fr/en/creation/call-for-work/2020-call-for-work
• The work will be kept in the Sound Archives of Musinfo.
Participation in this project is approval of these terms and conditions.
• Deadline for sending the work is 15 March 2020 at midnight.
|Emilio Adasme (Chile)||Mini-rage|
|Erich Barganier (Canada)||Data Morgana|
|Jules Bryant (United Kingdom)||Aural Refraction|
|Nathan Corder (USA)||Sine Study
(when the ear is coupled to the eye by a tongue that moves the body)
|Zuriñe F. Gerenabarrena (Spain)||BihotzBi|
|Konrad Handschuh and Aleksandra Olkiewicz (Poland)||T.O.U.S.E.F.O.O.L.|
|Nicolas Hermansen (Belgium / Spain)||Another Term|
|Brian Mark (USA)||Frozen in Ecstasy|
|Giovanni Paris (Italy)||Strata (Inferior/Superior)|
|Dimitris Savva (Cyprus)||Noise Triangle|
|David Snow (USA)||The sum of all differences|
|Yun Ming Tai (Malaysia / Singapore)||Tesseract|
Discover the selected works through a virtual visit: